Jul 31, 2008

The Colors Of My Digits

For as long as I can remember, I perceive digits as having their own colors:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Zero is glassy-transparent, like acrylic, so actually it's more like digits having textures. When I see digits written down somewhere, they do not appear to be vividly colored, just subtly shaded. But when visualizing numbers, I find it hard not to perceive the individual digits being colored in the above way.

I doubt that this rudimentary form of synesthesia is beneficial to my ability to deal with numbers. Many of the colors are quite similiar to each other, so I tend to misremember phonenumbers, sums or dates in a specific way.

1 comment:

Macaca said...

i love this!!! i have always seen numbers in color and somehow grouped them like that...not same colors but love to see this.
letters too??
:)